- 22Years Anniversary
- Top SUGAR MILLERS in Attendance
- Co Hosted By AGI - Indonesia Sugar Association
Global sugar consumption for year 2016 - 17 is forecast at a record 174 million metric tons (raw value). What are Asian sugar markets outlooks projected; India’s consumption is forecast to rise a record of 27.2 million tons and production is forecast to drop 2.2 million tons to 25.5 million. Thailand’s production is forecast to increase 360,000 tons to 10.1 million, China’s consumption is projected at a record 17.8 million tons. Production in Indonesia is forecast at 2.2 million tons, 175,000 tons higher due to additional area. Imports and consumption are expected to rise in line with higher demand from the food and beverage industry. www.fas.usda.gov/psdonline/circulars/sugar.pdf May 2016
IBC's Asia sugar conference has established itself as the preferred annual meeting point for sugar industry players in Asia. It remains the ONLY conference with a comprehensive focus on trade, investment and technology, and provides excellent partnership opportunities with Asian players.
“Very useful, I have got a network to discuss issues, I will attend this conference regularly and I will be pleased to inform my team to attend next year. We are able to meet experts and share experiences to improve the key performance indicators of the company.”
Andy Hardianto, Project Head, Jawa Manis Rafinasi
- World Sugar Markets – Putting supply and demand in perspective
- Sugar Leaders Dialogue: Production, Productivity and Price – What can industry expect
- Asian Sugar Trade Panel – New directions, challenges and opportunities
- Sugar pricing models and future outlook
- Production and refining focus with cost, efficiency and technology innovations
- Regional markets – Where are they headed?
- Indonesia Sugar Millers’ Dialogue: Improving national sugar production target and competitive in global sugar markets
- Indonesia’s Sugar Millers Symposium
- Sugar market intervention policies and their impacts to the growth of sugar industries ASEAN plus China and India
- Keynote address by Ministry of Agriculture and State Owned Enterprises of Indonesia
Keynote Addresses (Subject to Final Confirmation)
- H.E Amran Sulaiman, Minister of Agriculture Indonesia
- H.E Rini Soemarno, Minister of State Owned Enterprises
Mohamad Amri Sahari
Sugar Group Companies
Invitation from Indonesia Sugar Association (AGI)
Indonesia is one of the most exciting sugar markets in the region. Indonesian sugar millers are determined to reach the national and private sugar production target of 4 million tons or more in 2018/19, and compete in global sugar markets. Production in 2016 is forecast reach a low position at 2.2 million tons, due to La Nina that cause high intensity of rainfall. Therefore, imports and consumption are expected to rise in line with higher demand from the food and beverage industry.
There are challenges as well as opportunities for sugar production in Indonesia. Respective government authorities, trading community in the region, millers and refiners and technology providers are scheduled to discuss industry pertinent issues such as supply-demand, pricing, production, current developments in sugar industry, cane plantation and sugar market intervention policies; their impacts to the growth of sugar industries in Asia.
IBC’s Asia International Sugar Conferences (AISC) is celebrating its 22 years of establishment and has been the best platform to provide regional sugar trends, with Indonesia in focus. Asosiasi Gula Indonesia (AGI) is pleased to be the Co-Host of this event again. AGI will also host first-ever Indonesian Sugar Millers’ Workshop at AISC: The Evaluation of 2016 Sugar Production and Its Implications for 2017 Sugar Production, and I would like to welcome you to Bali this November.
I would encourage you to take advantage of this valuable opportunity to develop networks, and be a part of the Indonesian sugar industry.
I look forward to meeting you in Bali.
Indonesia Sugar Association (Asosiasi Gula Indonesia (AGI))